[ExI] But Goog instead of bitcions

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Jan 28 09:41:36 UTC 2014

Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> , 28/1/2014 9:26 AM:
This link a couple of jumps from the article below is VERY interesting:http://googlepress.blogspot.com/2013/09/calico-announcement.htmlCalico is apparently Google's entry into the radically extended life business. Seems we should be discussing this here, but maybe I just missed the memo.

And then they bought up DeepMind:http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/26/google-deepmind/https://www.theinformation.com/google-beat-facebook-for-deepmind-creates-ethics-board
That was a piece of news that got us at FHI to sit up. We do not know what Google wants the company for, but DeepMind has done some of the IMHO most awesome/potentially dangerous AI stuff (just check out http://arxiv.org/abs/1312.5602 ). They also were thinking about the ethics and safety, unlike everybody else.
OK, I think I better try to buy a share of the singularity.

(Sorry for being quiet, some unusual mail client problems)

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University