[ExI] How will air travel work in a green solar economy?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 14:27:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >There are only 2 other sources that have the potential to power our
>>
> >>1) Fusion reactors, but nobody is close to figuring out how to build
>> even a
>> half a >century.
>>

> > Well, it's fairly clear now much attention people pay to this list. I
> have rapped for years about power satellites

I said there were 2 OTHER ways, power satellites are just another form of
solar energy, a form that I think is even more impractical than terrestrial
solar but if somebody can prove me wrong that would be great.

> Re fusion reactors, there is a working one at a convenient distance.

Yes but we don't know how to build a reactor like the sun. The only way we
know of to create a large scale  release of fusion energy (very large
scale!)
is with a H bomb. In fact a H bomb is far more efficient than the sun or
anything else found in nature except for a matter antimatter annihilation
and that's not large scale. OK maybe pound per pound the accretion disk
around a black hole might give a H bomb a run for it's money.

  John K Clark