[ExI] possible scheme for privacy

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 22:59:41 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 4:58 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Hey cool, this Forbes article gave me an idea:
>

> http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/07/17/nsa-responds-to-snowden-claim-that-intercepted-nude-pics-routinely-passed-around-by-employees/
>

> OK so the NSA reads email.  So here ya go: collect a bunch of salacious
> stuff, nude photos from anywhere that look like selfies, collect the kind
> of text that humans like to read, send it all over the place.  Then when
> you want to send a private message, insert it into a long-winded highbrow
> discussion from ExI, stuff normal people generally just don’t care about
> and couldn’t stay awake trying to read it, stuff that excites geeks like
> us, discussions on ants, math, half full glasses and such.  Then take your
> text, insert it into the middle of the known camouflage text.  The NSA
> would never get past the nude selfies.
>

> spike

​You are assuming that only people read email.  I suspect that computers
are scanning every word for suspect terms related to armament etc.

I did know of a professor who was known to read only the first couple of
pages and the last one of a long essay, so students filled the middle with
all sorts of irrelevant stuff they did not write themselves.  bill w

bill w​