[ExI] Arabs don't read

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 17:46:56 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> > We all know that these ancient religious books are full of nonsense.

Indeed.

> And it is trivially easy to quote ridiculous verses,

Absolutely true.

> especially when ignoring context and what actually happens in the real
> world.

If so then even the ancients knew that their sacred book was full of
nonsense, which is more than I can say about some modern religious leaders.

The intent is to reinforce how important it is to honour our parents.
> (especially in an ancient tribal society, where life was a struggle).

Nice try but there is not enough spin in the observable universe to make
certain revolting passages in the most holy and perfect book ever written
acceptable.

  John K Clark