[ExI] Existential hysteria

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 19:39:09 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 5:00 AM,  BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> The tragic ones are the libertarians. The changes required to fix AGW
> run directly against their individualistic ideology.

I completely miss your logic here.  I think you may be making
assumptions about technology that are not necessarily justified.

For example, if a non carbon source of energy came along that was
substantially less expensive than fossil energy, can you see
libertarians objecting instead of switching to cheaper energy?

> The obsession of
> libertarians with individual liberty crowds out the value of truth. So
> they find themselves forced to deny the obvious climate changes going
> on around them.

That's common with all people, not just libertarians.  Examples crop
up here frequently.

Keith