[ExI] for the fermi paradox fans

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Thu Jun 5 02:42:23 UTC 2014

On Jun 4, 2014 8:09 AM, "Aleksei Riikonen" <aleksei at iki.fi <mailto:aleksei at iki.fi> > wrote:
> Fitting, that just today I happened to read the coolest explanation
> for Fermi's paradox that I've yet heard:
>
> http://www.raikoth.net/Stuff/story1.html

I previously posited on this list that everybody had put up spam filters to ignore our communications.  If you realize that we have been sending all of our commercial and TV traffic out into the universe in all directions for decades, it becomes clear that we are the biggest spammers in the universe.  We are sending unwanted advertisements for products nobody wants to buy.  All our communications are now blocked as a constant source of background noise.