[ExI] Be nice to leftists

Tara Maya tara at taramayastales.com
Fri Jun 6 19:09:45 UTC 2014

On Jun 2, 2014, at 2:54 AM, Jukka Liukkonen <jukka.liukkonen at iki.fi> wrote:

> The left wing is a very broad term, which includes everyone from marxists to anarchists, but most are mild social democrats or a bit more ecologically oriented green leftists. Like wise, the right wing includes anything from Pinochet to Obama and from Hitler to conservative christian fundamentalists. Many people thoughts are leaning to the left, despite they don't really acknowledge it. Perhaps, because those who disagree with leftist values are so keen on discrediting and pushing false information about the other side.

This is why I don't much care for the terms "left" and "right."  Any category that includes Pinochet, Obama, Hitler is useless.

Far more important is those that support democracy versus those that don't. Those that don't are so outside my value system that I have little to say to them. Those that do, ah, that is where the argument is. I might say to that person, "We both want a fair, free and prosperous society, now what does the evidence show us is the best way to achieve that?"

Tara Maya
Blog  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Amazon  |  Goodreads