[ExI] The meaning of life revisited

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Jun 15 03:59:53 UTC 2014

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
…

>…So no matter what you may think is the meaning of your life, that is, what you 'meant' to do, life, which is often full of random events that push you around like big ocean waves, is what you do with it.  And often misinterpreted by others! There is a different opinion to what your life is about for every person who knows you….wfw

I am attending a niece’s college graduation this weekend.  Her great grandparents are still living and were with us.  Both are aged 90 yrs.  At a family gathering this afternoon, they were telling stories about things they did during the war (II).  I got out my recorder and made videos.  Those videos may be most of the long term records the future will have of that couple.  All the life they have lived in nine decades, all their life’s work, their experiences, their everything, may be archived and remembered by a short reminisce done without forethought on a pleasant late spring afternoon.  From the point of view of future generations, these people will be that video.