[ExI] Be nice to leftists

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 07:53:10 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Omar Rahman <rahmans at me.com> wrote:

> Um, 'law produced privately'? What kind of law is it if it is private to
> you? You wouldn't happen to want to actually ENFORCE those laws on others
> against their wills, would you? I guess then it would be your private force
> vs the private force of those you declare 'law breakers'. Sounds like the
> law of the jungle, might makes right etc.

### Read up on private law, come back when you have something relevant to
say.

--------------

> Again though, circular reasoning. This is the 'goto' of discussion by the
> way. Here is how it works:
>
> 10 government is what corrupts law
> 20 monopoly of force is a crappy way of doing computation
> 30 crappy computation corrupts everything it touches
> 40 goto 10
>
> You see? Your conclusion is not significantly different from your premiss.
> (We will leave aside how flawed your premiss is for now.) (We will also do
> our best to gloss over the fact that statements 20 and 30 are either also
> premisses or non sequiturs.)

### Your difficulty in reading prose probably explains a lot. You seem to
miss the cues that differentiate a thesis, an exposition and a restatement.
An argument is frequently presented in this order.

Rafal