[ExI] The Bullshit at the Heart of Humanity

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 08:22:31 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Ben Goertzel <ben at goertzel.org> wrote:

> My new blog post ...
>
> The Bullshit at the Heart of Humanity -- my new blog post,
>

> http://multiverseaccordingtoben.blogspot.hk/2014/06/the-bullshit-at-heart-of-humanity.html
>
> ### Ben, I am very impressed with your post. You provide an advanced
description of some of the notions about self that have been developing in
my mind as well.

I would be a bit more optimistic about overcoming self-delusion though -
instead of years of meditation, all we need is to admit to ourselves that
we are bad people. As I wrote here on ExI earlier this year, on the path to
enlightenment you must go through the darkness inside you, and come to
terms with it. It isn't that difficult!

I also share your opinion about the likely ultimate wellspring of
motivation in self-modifying minds - curiosity, an interest in modeling the
world in your mind. I think that a mind that whose defining and enduring
characteristic is curiosity will adapt better to challenges than minds
driven by other concepts. Future evolution will tell if I am right, and I
am very curious to find out.

Rafal