[ExI] blue screen = hard disk crash?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 17:36:28 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 6:10 PM, spike wrote:
> Question please for our local computer gurus.  The IRS is claiming that a
> bunch of evidence was accidentally lost because a hard disk crashed on the
> computer of the IRS director and six others within the IRS closely
> associated with the investigation.  Today the IRS' attorney made this
> comment:
>
> "Lerner walked into her office one day and her computer screen was blue. Her
> hard drive had crashed."

That is a lawyer talking. You need to ask the tech support guy what
really happened.

There are many many reasons for a BSOD. A disk crash is probably way
down the list. You certainly wouldn't immediately assume a disk crash.
A BSOD usually fills the screen with error messages and memory dumps
to help tech support.

And obviously if you suspect the disk drive, you test it in another computer.

BillK