[ExI] blue screen = hard disk crash?

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Mon Jun 30 17:40:18 UTC 2014

Il 30/06/2014 18:27, spike ha scritto:
>> ... On Behalf Of Mirco Romanato
> Subject: Re: [ExI] blue screen = hard disk crash?

> They already have that and always have.  Since the early days of email,
> federal government business is required to have hardcopy printed on paper
> and archived.  This requirement has been universally ignored (imagine that.)

>> ...Make a felony, for these people and their IT guys, to not be able to
> show up these mails (certified original by an external authority)... Mirco

> Failure to archive is already illegal, but the person with the authority to
> pardon anyone for any reason has already declared the IRS innocent.  The
> following is an interview with Bill O'Reilly from February of this year:

> It sounds to me like the second answer contradicts the fifth answer above,
> but either way, if he has already decided there is not a smidgen of
> corruption and he has the authority to declare the whole investigation a
> phony scandal and pardon anyone convicted completely without consequences
> (Mr. Obama has no elections to come and despises his party successor) then
> the way this all plays out is easy enough to foresee.

He had the authority to sign a pardon, make him do it.

Talk is cheap, actually signing it is not (apart for the last day of the
presidency).

> It feels to me that the USA is treading the same path of Germany in the
> 1930s.  Both countries elected to its highest office a guy with little
> legislative or executive experience, a murky past, with a lot of charisma,
> memoirs published while they were yet young (both leaders ascended in their
> 40s) promises of hope and change, both abused power and frantically grabbed
> for more power at every opportunity.

> I am optimistic that the US will not follow Germany's example because of the
> internet.  The masses are better informed now than were the Germans: it is
> harder for government to completely control information now.  It is possible
> a nation was saved by the internet.  Perhaps sunlight really is the best
> disinfectant.

In Italy we had what we cal "The White Semester" (the last six months of
Presidency) where the President of the Republic can not use his power to
disband the legislative and call for new elections.

Maybe you should think about a "White Semester" for the POTUS, where he
can not sign any pardon, waiver, etc.
Make it start before the elections (so any pardon at Midnight would
become political matter).

Another suggestion would be to allow private prosecutors to bring anyone
in front of a judge. Who lose, pay the bill.
So, if you have an Holder, holding, you could have an Issa, financed by
the public, trampling Holder.

Mirco