[ExI] blue screen = hard disk crash?

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jun 30 22:06:52 UTC 2014

>… Here’s where I would go with the comparisons: both Bush and Obama expanded executive branch powers…

This for example:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/30/politics/obama-immigration/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Presidents don’t make laws; congress does.  Threatening to act alone isn’t the way to get things done in congress.  If the president wants a particular legislation, he must be ready to offer something in return to his political adversaries.  What is he offering on immigration reform?

This threatening executive action doesn’t motivate congress, it only encourages a showdown in the form of a constitutional crisis.  This I see as a puzzling strategy in light of Mr. Obama’s extremely low approval rating and recent setbacks in the supreme court.