[ExI] hard science

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 20:11:13 UTC 2014

Adrian Tymes wrote:

"If you want to move past keyboards, find another channel not already being
used.  Direct neural input is one possibility, but that is waiting on it
getting cheaper, more sensitive, more accurate, and easier to (learn how to
competently) control."

I think you mean "waiting for it to exist"!

I know there are lab experiments, and some people have electrodes that
intermittently fry parts of their brain because that's better than
suffering from whatever disease they have, but I wouldn't say that we
actually have neural interfaces yet.  We're getting closer all the time,
though <rubs hands together in anticipation>.

Ben Zaiboc