[ExI] RES: guitar playing robot

Henrique Moraes Machado cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:20:10 UTC 2014

<spike>
.The song is called "Sad Robot Goes Funny."
Squarepusher says the piece's two halves mirror the robots' grief that their
fans view them as mere "entertainment machines." Then, left alone at the end
of the day, "They think back to being young robots, before they were
employed in the sphere of public entertainment, and remember the silly
antics they used to get up to."

http://singularityhub.com/2014/03/01/squarepusher-explores-emotional-machine
-music-with-78-fingered-robot-guitarist/
</spike>

Cool concept. Good execution. Atrocious music that goes nowhere. But I don't
like fusion jazz. It sounds to me more like instrumental masturbation than
music.