[ExI] Gravity waves?

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 14:21:32 UTC 2014

John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Gravity waves have just been detected in the variations of the
>> polarization of the microwave radiation from the Big Bang; and so ...

Shouldn't this be "gravity waves have been inferred from the detection
of variations of the polarisation...", or "variations in the
polarisation of microwave radiation is consistent with the existence of
gravity waves...", etc.?

I'm still waiting for someone to /actually detect gravity waves/. I'm
wondering why we can't seem to detect them directly, even though we can
detect things as ghostly as neutrinos?

Ben Zaiboc