[ExI] Climate models

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 17:34:19 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 5:00 AM,  John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> I have to say all this doesn't exactly give me confidence that I should bet
> my life on the fact that although they make lousy 17 year predictions
> climate models make wonderful 100 year predictions.

It doesn't matter or effect what we should be doing one bit.  Running
out of cheap energy is far more serious than climate.  It will hit
sooner and cause more problems, including human deaths, than the worse
climate predictions.

What we need is at least one really cheap and abundant source of
energy.  It can't be carbon based because there isn't enough left that
can be obtained at a low enough price.  Ground solar and wind will not
do it because there is no apparent way to get the cost down low
enough.

Here is a dumbed down version of my thoughts on how to solve the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5iotdmmTJQsSzVYQ2Q0YUtCMERRczdYSXMtUWphUl92aHFN/edit?usp=sharing

Keith