[ExI] hard science

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat May 3 16:49:54 UTC 2014

 I am convinced that our present human personality repertoire is only a
minute subset of all viable mind designs. Therefore, once the technological
limitations to deeply modifying minds are gone, there will be an adaptive
radiation of mind designs driven by evolutionary pressures within the
social computational substrate that will generate a variety of mind types,
and few of them will be "normal" by our present human standards.  (rafa)

There is no evolution anymore affecting humans, except perhaps in 3rd world
countries.  We have taken over evolution and will bend it to our will, by
uploading, eugenics and all the rest.

I am interested in just what kinds of minds you are contemplating.  We have
thousands of adjectives describing human behavior but only five have
reliable heritability (plus IQ).  What would you add?  billw