[ExI] cool! locals create circuit board modeled on the human brain

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon May 5 18:29:03 UTC 2014

On May 5, 2014 7:03 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> My son is showing increasing talent in the math department.  He is doing
high school trigonometry now, with word problems and all the specialized
algebra, which I think is remarkable for a second grader.  He is doing Khan
Academy at school and is working with me at home and doing the Khan Academy
graphics programming courses as well, ripping thru it like a hot chainsaw
thru butter.  Suggestions welcome.  This is talent I don’t want to see
wasted the way mine was.

What does he want to do?  It is easiest to play to his interests.

> An example of what BillW has in mind is giving a processor a few thousand
games of checkers and seeing if it can figure out the rules and become a
checkers player.  I think something like this has been done, but I don’t
know the details.

Do you mean Blondie24?