[ExI] dna ethics question

Tara Maya tara at taramayastales.com
Mon May 5 22:55:15 UTC 2014

I didn't say paternity certainty would solve ALL problems. But paternity uncertainty explains otherwise inexplicable laws -- fairly common in many older civilizations -- that the penalty for rape FOR THE WOMAN WHO WAS ASSAULTED was to either marry her rapist or be herself murdered.

That is not really explainable as a concern about property, but I submit that it is explicable (if still horrid) as a way for a man to ensure that property is inherited by his own heirs.

Tara Maya
Blog  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Amazon  |  Goodreads