[ExI] dna ethics question

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed May 7 06:40:56 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Tara Maya <tara at taramayastales.com> wrote:

Do you see how all of this changes if paternity certainty can be achieved
> by a simple test rather than cradle-to-grave imprisonment of women?

### Yes, absolutely. I fully agree with Tara.

If paternity uncertainty could be eliminated, over a couple dozen
generations this could lead to significant changes in many of the human
adaptations Tara mentioned. Even without genetic change there could be
major meme-driven social change in response to paternity testing over a
much shorter time span.

The singularity will probably wash away our sins before evolution has the
time to act but I am still in favor of widely and by default using
paternity testing at birth, with appropriate legal provisions for the
protection of men wronged by false paternity claims.

Rafal