[ExI] Be nice to leftists

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat May 17 15:07:03 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 3:14 PM, spike  wrote:
<snip>
> It surprises me sometimes when I hear people, especially the poor, vilifying
> big corporations.  Clearly those companies are doing something right that
> the impoverished complainers are doing wrong.  Otherwise they would be the
> big corporations.  Don't rage against the machine; become the machine.  Then
> be a really good one.

Hmmm. That seems to be defining 'something right' as collecting big
profits and growing 'too big to fail'.

Surely *how* they get the money should be factored in?
The tobacco companies got big by lying and giving people cancer. (And
they are still doing it in the third world). The medical and health
industries have given the US the most expensive medical treatments in
the world with comparatively poor overall population health. Not
paying tax is another good wheeze. And monopolies or duopolies are
good money-making schemes as well. Using their money to buy up or
extinguish competition is another tactic.

You seem to be thinking that big=good.

BillK