[ExI] How the world collapses

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat May 17 21:13:22 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 9:56 PM, William Flynn Wallace  wrote:
> Why aren't you guys worried about chemicals?  We are walking around with
> over 50 chemicals in our bodies that weren't there when we were born.
>
> Our rivers, creeks, air, oceans are polluted.  They are adding things to our
> food, our drinking cups, our everything, that hasn't been tested for effects
> on people.  You read every day about some chemical (never mind the stories
> about drug recalls, generics not up to snuff, lawyers hoping you got sick
> from testosterone supplements) that some company agreed to take out of their
> product - or not.

Here in the UK they have now found traces of cocaine in the drinking water.
Somehow I seem to have stopped worrying about it.  :)

<http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cocaine-use-in-britain-so-high-it-has-contaminated-our-drinking-water-report-shows-9350477.html>

Comfortingly they say that the levels found are unlikely to represent
a danger to the public.
(So far, anyway).

BillK