[ExI] Big Data Visualization

Omar Rahman rahmans at me.com
Sat May 17 22:24:44 UTC 2014

> natasha at natasha.cc , 15/5/2014 12:49 AM:
>

> Thanks Anders. (I remember many years ago when you taught me yEd while we were at Paddington Station. J)
>
> That was fun. And I am still sorry I dragged you across Mayfair and Soho by foot rather than taking the tube.
> My preliminary experiments with Tableau Public suggest that it looks good, but mainly for corporate-style data and visualisations - useful, but not necessarily what I want for all applications. But I have just scratched the surface.?
>

> Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University

Might I suggest, along with whatever software you choose, that you peruse a few books by Edward Tufte. 'The visual display of quantitative information', 'Envisioning Information' and a few others are real eye openers while not being boring reads despite the terribly boring sounding titles.

Regards,

Omar Rahman