[ExI] puzzle - animal consciousness

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Mon May 19 22:33:39 UTC 2014

I think the idea here is to create a situation where the dog makes a
decision based on some form of reasoning, in this case after excluding the
first 2 roads the unavoidable conclusion is that the master has followed
the 3 roads. This indeed would show some form of high reasoning in the dog.
The details are not so important. Neil deGrasse Tyson does a similar
experiment in this video, where Chaser the dog finds a stuffed animal that
never saw before (Darwin) by excluding all the other possibilities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-CAhALUBvk