[ExI] The Dark Net by Jamie Bartlett has a chapter on transhumanists

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Nov 4 21:38:52 UTC 2014

Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> , 3/11/2014 8:08 AM:
A very good book that is making waves:
The Dark Net by Jamie Bartlett
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Dark-Net-Jamie-Bartlett/dp/0434023159

Last chapter "Zoltan vs. Zerzan" is dedicated to transhumanists (and
anti-transhumanists). Covers Zoltan Istvan, Max, Anders, mind
uploading etc. Anders, you are "a genius but slightly madcap
nineteenth-century scientist."
I ought to get myself a clockwork stove-pipe hat :-) (Tonight I briefly discussed a steam-based Dyson shell at the local transhumanist group, too).
Jamie and me had fun discussing uploading over overly hot Thai food. It is an interesting book.

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University