[ExI] fw from damien: a new book ...

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Nov 14 21:14:04 UTC 2014

Forwarding for Damien:

-----Original Message-----
From: Damien Broderick [mailto:thespike at satx.rr.com]
Subject: a new book on a John Clark-infuriating topic

Hi Spike ...

Hope you're all well and having fun! Barbara and I are chuntering along,
doing okay ...

Could you maybe pass this along to the extropes?  Damien

You might be interested, amused or dismayed to hear that I
(with co-editor Ben Goertzel) have just published a hefty scholarly
volume from McFarland, EVIDENCE FOR PSI:

http://www.amazon.com/Evidence-Psi-Thirteen-Empirical-Research/dp/0786478284

It also has a hefty price ($50 for a large trade paperback) but maybe
anyone interested might consider asking their nearest library to
purchase a copy.

Here's the Table of Contents:

Preface

Introduction:
Damien Broderick and Ben Goertzel

1    The Significance of Statistics in Mind-Matter Research
Jessica Utts

2    Physiological Activity That Seems to Anticipate Future Events
Julia Mossbridge

3    Anomalous Anticipatory Skin Conductance Response to Acoustic Stimuli
Edwin C. May, Tamás Paulinyi and Zoltán Vassy

4    Revisiting the Ganzfeld ESP Debate
Bryan J. Williams

5     Telepathy in Connection with Telephone Calls, Text Messages and
E-Mails
Rupert Sheldrake

6    Empirical Examinations of the Reported Abilities of Psychic
Claimant Sean Harribance
Bryan J. Williams

7    Assessing Psi Ability Via the Ball Selection Test
Suitbert Ertel

8    Through Time and Space: The Evidence for Remote Viewing
Stephan Schwartz

9    The PEAR Laboratory: Explorations And Observations
York Dobyns

10    The Global Consciousness Project
Roger Nelson

11    An Analysis of the Global Consciousness Project
Peter Bancel

12    Psi and the Environment: Local Sidereal Time and Geomagnetic Effects
James Spottiswoode

13    Skeptical Responses to Psi Research
Ted Goertzel and Ben Goertzel

14    The Future of Psi Research
Damien Broderick and Ben Goertzel

All best,