[ExI] The BullShirtStorm

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 14:40:37 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Giulio Prisco  wrote:
> I can't believe that. One of the most spectacular achievements of the
> century in space, and all the dummy jerks can do is whining about Matt
> Taylor's shirt...
> http://skefia.com/2014/11/18/the-bullshirtstorm/

That's nothing.  See-

<http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2014/11/14/money-spent-on-rosetta-could-have-bailed-one-of-us-out%E2%80%99-moan-banks/>

'Money spent on Rosetta could have bailed one of us out', moan banks
Despite costing a meagre £1.1bn and possibly changing the course of
human civilisation as we know it, the banking community has been quick
to dismiss the Rosetta Space Mission as a 'frivolous boondoggle'.
Another so-called giant leap for mankind, they argue, could easily
have been reinvested in subprime mortgages, money laundering or paying
for 'the world's greatest lap-dance'.

That's the answer to the Fermi paradox.  After civs reach a certain
level all the money gets stolen and there's little left for space
research.

BillK
(This is a satirical article).  :)