[ExI] hacked email

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:29:50 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 4:34 PM, spike wrote:
> Regarding the break-in, we think it was a walk-in.  One of the family
> historians gave this young cousin his site password in case he dies
> unexpectedly.  We think he used the same password for his email.  When we
> mentioned the possibility, he didn't actually deny it but seemed to talk
> around the question.  If you leave your door unlocked and someone walks into
> your home and wrecks your stuff, well, you share the responsibility.

That makes it sound as though you no longer have a problem. If he
changes his site and email passwords, then the cousin will no longer
have access.

It is a good idea to put a list of signons and passwords in your will
folder, where nobody looks until after your death.

Now you need to have a discussion about email backups, so that deleted
stuff can be restored.
(Ask the IRS for advice). :)

BillK