[ExI] wordplay for a tuesday morning

Dan danust2012 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 00:57:56 UTC 2014

> On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:38 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> What about "near miss"  if they nearly missed but
> not quite shouldn't that mean they hit? And why
> is it always "not a panacea", isn't anything a panacea?

Regarding "near miss," I find nothing wrong with that. I think it's confusing "nearly" with "near" to believe otherwise. A near miss, after all, is not a hit and is not a far miss. It's something that nearly hit, but didn't. Anyhow, that's how I parse it.

Regards,

Dan
 My latest Kindle book, "Born With Teeth," is now available at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N72FBA2