[ExI] Input for article on "The Extropian Roots of Bitcoin"

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 09:54:16 UTC 2014

So besides Hal, Julian Assange, Nick Szabo and Wei Dai used to discuss
cryptocurrencies on the list. The last two have been rumored to be
Satoshi Nakamoto and John Nash (I don't really believe that).

Other notable participants in the early- and mid-90s related
discussions on the list?

Can anyone remember key related discussions? Just send rough pointers
from memory, I will scan the archives.

re "The Extropy archives will indeed be a goldmine for future historians."

Yes, definitely. I think a lot of ideas that will have a huge impact
of the world originated here, or at least found an early greenhouse
here. Bitcoin, which seems well on its way to have a huge impact, is
but one of the first (again, not in the sense that it originated here
but in the early greenhouse sense), and that's what I wish to show.
Other Extropian ideas will have a huge impact when their time comes.

Max, any memories or thoughts to share?

G.