[ExI] SPAMBOT ALERT Re: From: Giulio Prisco

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 11:10:37 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Giulio Prisco wrote:
> From the headers of the original message this doesn't seem to come
> from my local system. What do you email expert think (take a look at
> the source). What should I do besides reporting to Google?

The spam didn't come from Google.

The original came from a website located in United Arab Emirates.
Hosted in Dubai.
This mail server is on several Spam blacklists, including SORBS.

It faked your gmail address and sent it to the Exi mail list server,
which then forwarded it to all subscribers. Google just passed on the
email from the Exi list server.

Possibly the Exi mail server could be changed to refuse to accept mail
from servers on the SORBS blacklist.

BillK