[ExI] Em Software Engineering Bleg

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 02:51:40 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Robin D Hanson <rhanson at gmu.edu> wrote:

> In it I ask those with software engineering expertise to help me guess
> how software engineering would change in a world dominated by ems (= brain
> emulations).

I think there is a wildcard in trying to answer this question, because if
the recent announcement of the discovery of Majorana particles turns out to
be true then we could build a Topological Quantum Computer, it would work
as well as a regular Quantum Computer but would be far easier to make
because it's far less susceptible to decoherence. And those machines would
be so fundamentally different from anything built before I couldn't even
guess what the future of software engineering will be like.

 John K Clark