[ExI] Calculus Without Derivatives

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Wed Oct 15 12:30:04 UTC 2014

Michael Roberts <mike at 7f.com> , 15/10/2014 2:43 AM:
While on the subject of mathematical works, I found this one to be
very interesting:

http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/functional-differential-geometry
Cool. Jack Wisdom's stability analysis of Pluto was what convinced me that maybe there is something to symplectic methods and other "hightech" calculations rather than just brute forcing it with a high order Runge-Kutta method. The book is pretty neat in that it mixes scheme with differential geometry; it feels somewhat exotic and yet familiar.

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University