[ExI] question for it hipsters

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Oct 15 14:34:41 UTC 2014

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] question for it hipsters

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:41 PM, spike wrote:
>>... The metadata no longer exists?  Without it, how did some innocent
> persons who did nothing wrong know exactly which hard discs
> mysteriously crashed and then subsequently were accidentally
> crucified, drawn and quartered, ground to dust, burned and the smoldering
ashes hurled into the sea?

>...Just to be extra clear,  :)
Companies install archive software to backup all emails, IMs, texts, etc.
sent and received...Therefore, companies never, ever, lose all records of
their communications unless it is deliberate. And they risk criminal charges
if this happens...BillK

Thanks BillK, that is the message I have received in perfect unison from
every IT hipster I know, with no dissenters.  The excuse that the
incriminating email was lost because of a disk crash is no more believable
than the dog ate their homework.  It would be easier for us to believe that
their homework ate the dog.

So to be extra clear, the reason why I keep harping on this is that it
appears to be the point where the IRS is crossing a critical threshold, from
covert shady dealings to overt criminality.  Congress doesn't seem to be
able to stop them.  The courts can't stop them either; they declare
themselves innocent then plead the fifth and walk away, with no adverse
consequences.

Now what?