[ExI] question for it hipsters

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 09:42:18 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:34 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Imagine these ne'er-do-wells you are angry at if, instead of at least
> having to yell "terrorist" or the like to jail someone, they merely had to
> accuse in a handwavey manner.  Say, claim all third parties are witchcraft
> organizations and thereby sentence all who vote non-Democrat-or-Republican
> to death?  This isn't too far from what actually happened in Salem - and
> many of us on this list would risk being targeted within a decade or two if
> that were to pass.

### But, Adrian, you are missing the point badly:

The filth we are talking about are not private citizens going about their
business, shady or otherwise: They are our servants and as such they must
be beyond reproach. By the same token, they should be mercilessly dismissed
from service, even after a handwavey accusation, much more so after brazen
defiance. I do not need to give a fair trial to my butler - I must have the
prerogative of firing him summarily, for any cause, real or imagined, or on
a whim. The protections the legal system gives to private citizens cannot
be abused to shield state agents from responsibility.

To compare the IRS to victims of witch-trials is pure demagoguery.

Rafal