[ExI] Philosophy Tech Support

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 12:36:28 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 10:02 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Here’s where I am going with it.  Imagine things work out better than I
> expect, and we manage to transition somehow to fully renewable energy
> sources.  Imagine for the sake of argument that no singularity occurs, but
> we manage to build robots that pretty much take care of nearly everything we
> now call “work.”  There are still jobs, and things are being invented,
> fortunes are still being made with clever ideas, but minimal food and
> shelter are available for nothing, and crime really isn’t a factor, since
> robo-cops don’t cost much, so there are several of them milling around
> everywhere you look.

I imagine this as a new kind of fitness landscape.  Those robo-managed
proles are natural resources like streams or trees, the clever monkey
will find new ways to take advantage of them.

Violent crime might be minimized, but your vote-manipulation styled
crimes will be rampant.  At least until (unless) there is greater
transparency... or until the aforementioned clever monkey imposes a
block-chain solution to the voting problem - making it inherently
resistant to tampering.  (of course, outright bribery and
votes-for-purchase will always be an option)

I wonder how much different and for how long we'd need new
environmentals before those behaviors known as "human nature" would
change.