[ExI] Makes me wonder...

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 17:07:45 UTC 2014

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Mirco Romanato wrote:
> ... how many people are out there functioning basically normally
> with missing brain parts or other organs.
>
> A lot more than we would suppose.

Yes. For example, look up vascular dementia.
This is a result of small strokes in the brain creating dead areas in the brain.
These small strokes can happen at any time and usually go unnoticed
until the damage gets bad enough. So many people carry on functioning
after mini-strokes and protest that they feel fine.

A doctor told me that almost every time they do a brain scan they find
dead areas in the brain.
(Of course they are doing a scan because the patient has noticeable
behavioural defects).

BillK