[ExI] randall monroe book tops nyt best seller list for non fiction hardcover

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sun Sep 14 09:07:36 UTC 2014

spike <spike66 at att.net> , 14/9/2014 5:50 AM:Well now, this is cool.  Randall Monroe, the creator of xkcd, perhaps the
coolest cartoon strip since Calvin and Hobbes, and arguably the best ever,
has written a book called What If.  It is about science hypotheticals.  I
was pleasantly surprised to see it land on the top of the New York Times
hardcover nonfiction best seller list.  Excellent!

Very cool. We are chuffed around the office that Nick's Superintelligence is merely *on* the NYT science list.
People need to do more hypotheticals.

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University