[ExI] rain "bow" was RE: Brains grow and shrink like 'rainbows' as we age

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 04:08:26 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 9:44 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>>…What surprises me is that with all the cool stuff we have figured
>> out as a species, we still haven’t invented a way to make a rainbow
>> go up at the ends instead of down….spike
>
> Furthermore, why do we call it a rainbow?  You never saw one shaped
> like a bow, did ya?  Granted it would be way cool if you did.  You
> know what you would be saying:  That’s it, no more drugs, gotta stop
> forthwith, this is just too crazy, etc.
>
> So why don’t we call it a rain arc, or a rain parabola, or perhaps
> a rain y=-x^2 or something?

Rainbow is a decent metaphor in my view. But why call it a rain-thing and not just a light-thing?

Then again, maybe I'm the odd man out here, but I don't particularly find rainbows beautiful or even cool. They look annoying to me. :)

Regards,

Dan
 My latest Kindle book, "Born With Teeth," is now available at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N72FBA2
 (It's set in Seattle, if that whets your appetite for my story.:)