[ExI] Input for article on "The Extropian Roots of Bitcoin"

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Sep 30 13:48:26 UTC 2014

Subject: Re: [ExI] Input for article on "The Extropian Roots of Bitcoin"

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 4:57 AM, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:
>>... I am writing for a Bitcoin magazine and I want to write an article on
> "The Extropian Roots of Bitcoin." ...

>...If the analogy is that Bitcoin's roots grew from Extropy's fertile
soil...

I can imagine future historians will be mining the Extropy archives for
decades, marveling that it was one of the early meeting places for
future-minded hipsters.

When Eliezer Yudkowsky was a teenager, he used to post a lot here.  A meme
he sometimes said which really astonish me for its insight was along the
lines of "Be careful what you post here, or anywhere.  The internet never
forgets."

He was right.  I may someday regret some of the silliness I posted here,
particularly the comedy, that sex lamas business and the other stuff.  Or
not; I had fun with it then, and would probably laugh again if I read some
of the goofiness I posted here a long time ago when I was a mere child of 30
years.

Some of those wordplay storms were hilarious.  We don't do those anymore.
Remember when anyone would make any funny typo, and of course Damien
Broderick and I would jump on it, then sometimes Max and the other infamous
punsters, and WOW that was great geek fun.