[ExI] wordplay for a tuesday morning

Dan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 23:45:24 UTC 2014

I think there's the rhythm of the language involved. "Black and white," for example, just sounds right as opposed to "white and black." Ditto for "black and blue" versus "blue and black," though there's violation of temporal, logical, or other order as in "head over heels" (doesn't violate but why is that strange?) or "have your cake and eat it" (which I read started as "eat your cake and have it").

I think it's fun to play with these regularities. I said nothing about abandoning them.

Regards,

Dan
My latest Kindle book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N72FBA2