[ExI] Dementia

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 20:43:14 UTC 2015

I'd highly recommend people read "Grain Brain
<http://www.drperlmutter.com/about/grain-brain-by-david-perlmutter/>" if
they're interested in what really might be behind the sharp rise and
earlier onsets of dementia and Alzheimer's Disease. Good Calories Bad
Calories is also quite illuminating, and shows that many diseases (heart
disease, many cancers, dementia) are based on the high amounts of sugar and
refined carbohydrates in the modern diet. Increasingly, Alzheimer's is
considered a "diabetes of the brain", and is linked to the brain's reduced
capacity to absorb glucose. Fortunately, there are two fuels the brain is
capable of processing, glucose and ketone bodies.  Ketone bodies are
normally only produced during starvation or diets with highly restricted
carbohydrate intake, however, some foods, such as goat milk and coconut oil
contain medium chain triglycerides (MCTs). The liver processes MCTs into
ketone bodies directly. The physician Mary Newport
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feyydeMFWy4> successfully used coconut oil
to treat her husbands pre-senile dementia and many reviewers on Amazon.com
<http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-100-32-Fluid-Ounces/product-reviews/B0019LRY8A/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewopt_srt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=helpful&reviewerType=all_reviews&formatType=all_formats&filterByStar=all_stars&pageNumber=1>
claim the same.

Jason