[ExI] Virtual Reality is where the aliens are

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 16:19:33 UTC 2015

We Can’t Find Any Alien Neighbors and Virtual Reality Might Be to Blame
By Aaron Frank    Aug 20, 2015

<http://singularityhub.com/2015/08/20/we-cant-find-any-alien-neighbors-and-virtual-reality-might-be-to-blame/>

Quotes:
To address the Fermi Paradox, futurist John Smart proposes the
fascinating “transcension hypothesis” theorizing that evolutionary
processes in our universe might lead all advanced civilizations
towards the same ultimate destination; one in which we transcend out
of our current space-time dimension into virtual worlds of our own
design.

Soon, we won’t visit the Internet from the glass window of our
computer screens, but rather walk around inside it as a physical
place. Philip Rosedale, the creator of Second Life, recently announced
plans for a bold new virtual universe with a potential physical game
map as large as the landmass of Earth. Essentially, he’ll create a
virtual world with its own laws of physics, and once he’s pressed
play, a newly formed universe will have its own “let there be light”
creation moment.

As we continue our plunge into virtual spaces, the validity of the
transcension hypothesis will come into sharper focus. If technology
trends toward a world of microscopic computers with infinitely complex
realities inside, this might explain why we can’t see any alien
neighbors. They’ve left us behind for the digital wormholes of their
own design.

Sounds plausible to me.

BillK