[ExI] Old Nutrition Studies

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 15:50:26 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Brian Manning Delaney <
listsb at infinitefaculty.org> wrote:

> El 2015-08-24 a las 05:46, Jason Resch escribió:
>
>> My only contention with what you say below is that according to the
>> largest meta-study to date, it appears that saturated fats are harmless.
>>

> Which study is that?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

​I'll answer that:  P.W. Piri-Tarino, etc.  "Meta analysis of Prospective
Cohort studies​

​Evaluating the Association of Saturated Fat with Cardiovascular Disease."
American Journal of clinical Nutrition 91, no.3 March 2010  535-46  340,000
Ss, 21 studies

As Grain Brain says: page 80 - " intake of saturated fat was not associated
with an increased risk of coronary disease, stroke, or cardiovascular
disease"  Other studies show that cholesterol intake does not correlate
with cholesterol levels.​  Saturated fat intake is actually causing (excuse
me, correlated with) a 19% decrease in heart disease.

So I am going back to red meat (but not franks, ham, bacon, sausage,
bologna, etc.).

bill w