[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 00:28:32 UTC 2015

On Dec 5, 2558 BE, at 4:19 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 4:08 PM, William Flynn Wallace
>>
>> Religious groups, no.  But our American aborigines, yes.  We have a giant guilt complex regarding them which is fully justified.  OK, so they were in the stone age when we came but that doesn't justify the slaughter or the broken treatises.
>>

> ### Guilt over Indians is unjustified. They were violent, frequently enough cannibalistic, ignorant, ignoble and their plight is of their own doing.

I disagree. They were wiped out by disease and conquest. Not every last one of them, especially their children, deserved that. The cases in the US where they tried to live peacefully with Whites, but then were massacred.

Take the example of Sand Creek in Colorado was not of their own doing, but that of an authoritarian governor and a sociopathic military commander. I bring this up because the Sand Creek Massacre kicked off a wave of violence ending in wiping out the Plains Indians.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst