[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 18:42:26 UTC 2015

On Dec 6, 2558 BE, at 9:40 AM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 7:28 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ​> ​The corrective for this is probably returning where possible property
>
> ​Return to who? ​ ​With the exception of Antarctica and Greenland every square inch of land on the planet has been fought over hundreds of times,  ​and all the parties involved in those ancient conflicts are all long dead.

Some of the land takings are much more recent and the federal government now controls the land. That can be returned where there's a clear owner. We don't have to trace this back for a hundred generations in those cases.

>> ​> ​ They were wiped out by disease and conquest. Not every last one of them, especially their children, deserved that.
>
> ​So I must pay you money because my great great great great great grandfather was unjust to your ​great great great great great grandfather?

No.

>> ​> ​Take the example of Sand Creek in Colorado​ [...]​
>
> ​What's the point? All the villains and all the heros of that incident have been dead for well over a century.  History is bloody and unjust, all history not just the history of people with European descent. Deal with it.

The point is to give people back land that would've likely been theirs had the taking not taking place. I would go with federal lands here. Also, those wanting to prove a certain piece of land outside the federal ambit belonged to them would have to make a case.

I agree about history in general and humanity in general, but you seem to be arguing that clear cases of theft shouldn't be resolved because there are unclear cases.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst