[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 22:36:29 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 12:05 AM, Dan TheBookMan

> I think you're using this as an excuse. Whites, likewise, warred with each
> other, including, for the US, its Civil War, which was brutal in the
> extreme.

### Wars among whites destroyed a minuscule fraction of the population,
compared to the daily slaughter among Indians. We are talking about orders
of magnitude differences.
 --------------

> I specifically brought up the example of the Sand Creek Massacre because
> that's exactly what it was: a massacre by the US military.

### You are pointing at the straw while completely ignoring the beam.
Whites, especially of West European extraction, are substantially less
violent than Indians. For every massacre committed by US troops there is a
dozen attacks, massacres, rapes and murders committed by Indians.
--------------------

> I'm a little shocked here. Can you imagine aliens landing on Earth and
> perhaps massacring humans based on the same arguments you're making: humans
> fight amongst themselves, so anything done to them is fine? And, oh, it'd
> be fine as long as they didn't wipe out all humans, but left a tiny
> fraction alive, which they herded into the least desirable locations -- in
> order for their kind to take the best land?

### If humans kept attacking the aliens, stupidly, well, they would deserve
to be wiped out.

I am not pointing to violence among Indians as an excuse to attack them. I
am mentioning it as an illustration of the violent nature of their
societies, which also led them attack Europeans. And it is these attacks
that justified an armed response.

> And this has nothing to do with whitewashing. I completely agree there
> were warlike tribes and individuals. That's not an valid justification for
> anything goes against all of them. It doesn't give a carte blanche on war.

### All tribes were warlike, or else other tribes would have long since
slaughtered them all.

Rafał