[ExI] Zuckerberg just bought 26 days of world peace?

Tara Maya tara at taramayastales.com
Mon Dec 7 19:32:05 UTC 2015

As long as the planet didn’t belong to “everyone” or to “no one” (creating a tragedy of the commons), we would find ways to renew the resources we used. We might not need it for mining at all, as mining might be done in space; farming seems a much more likely use of a planet. Factories would be off-world, so pollution could be avoided. And human cities would be off-world, leaving only tourists and pilgrims to enjoy large wilderness preserves interspersed with the farms. Hence, rural, even wild, would describe the condition of such a planet.

Why, yes. I am an optimist.

Tara Maya
Blog  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Amazon  |  Goodreads