[ExI] The list is in the timeline

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 01:14:01 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 6:32 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Your comment has me pondering evil twins and triplets in general.  The evil
> twin thing is fairly simple, the terms unambiguous.  But once we introduce
> the complexity of triplets, it upsets my sense of symmetry to imagine two
> of
> the siblings evil and one good.  It just feels like you should have one on
> either end of the malicious/benevolence spectrum with one exactly at zero.

Evil in different ways.  Imagine a set of triplets accelerated away from
one another by a shockwave, but with local scenery strongly suggesting each
one is stationary.  Each triplet would think themselves "not moving" and
the other two as "in motion".

For example, consider one who strives to bring about an uncontrolled
Singularity, believing that any attempt to control it will, given human
nature, turn out bad.  Then another triplet who seeks to conquer all the
areas of the world that could produce the Singularity, so that only that
one's preferred model of the Singularity can come about.  And the final
triplet being one of those folks who sincerely believes the kindest and
best fate for humanity is extinction, as soon as possible.  Each of these
would regard the other two, from their own perspective, as evil.